quinta-feira, 11 de junho de 2009

Memórias de infância

"Dear Kitty,
We are discovered, but I am not afraid! I can see that the man in charge, a Gestapo official by the name of Silberbauer, is truly good at heart. His beautiful uniform gleams like black armor. He is tall, like Pim, and as handsome as a Hollywood star! I find myself wanting to bow down to him, this raven-sleek Aryan deity,to prostrate myself before him, to drop to my knees, to reach my tongue to the tip of his steel-tipped boots while he brings forth his elegant crop and lashes it down upon my hateful Jewish back. I want to cry out to him, to scream, Master, forgive me, and Kitty, I think he will forgive me, I see it somehow in his eyes, though they are hard and cold, like a shark's. Still, he has given me these few minutes to write to you, to say goodbye,and what can you say about a man like that! Thank you, Oberscharführer Silberbauer, and thank God for you. (When I get to Hollywood, I'll ask that they cast Clark Gable in your role in the film of my life!)

Yours, Anne M. Frank"
Anne Frank, se fosse viva, faria amanhã 80 anos. O seu diário foi o livro que mais me marcou e numa idade muito precoce. Tinha apenas 10 ou 11 anos quando o li pela primeira vez. Lembro-me porque foi o único livro que me fez chorar quando o terminei de ler. Este excerto é a última entrada do diário, antes de a polícia a levar para o campo de concentração. Pode ser que me inspire para os exames... ou não!

Sem comentários: